These Are The 10 Best Foods for Skin + Hair
You are what you eat!
It’s tough to underline the simplest advice; you hear it all the time. But every once in awhile a quick reminder is helpful. Is any of this a surprise? Absolutely not! These are the dependables, the tried-and-trues. These are the ten best foods for skin and hair, ever. Thanks to Good Magazine for starting this list.
1. Dark chocolate: recently found was its ability to protect skin from UV damage…as if you need another reason.
2. Walnuts: they are all about the monounsaturated fats, which are the “good” kind, attributing to heart health, lowering cholesterol, boosting brain function, and reducing inflammation.
3. Extra virgin olive oil: this is what doctors mean by “good fat,” because it attributes to the prevention of heart disease, cancer, high cholesterol, and is a natural moisture lock for skin and hair.
4. Broccoli: has one of the highest all around nutrition profiles (according to a Harvard study), with awesome anti-inflammatory effects that help with everything from eye health and arthritis to heart disease and sun damage.
5. Tomatoes: they are full of an antioxidant called lycopene, plus vitamins C and A, and are good for overall health and fighting illnesses of all kinds.
6. Green tea: contains an antioxidant called polyphenols, which makes it an anti-aging wonder; plus, it has cancer-defending abilities.
7. Salmon (wild caught, not farmed): it’s chockfull of anti-inflammatory omega 3s, healthy fats, and vitamin B12, which makes it a big contributor to a radiant complexion.
8. Dark leafy greens: packed with all sorts of vitamins and iron, these help regulate the blood and offer an array of health benefits to help you shine from the inside out.
9. Blueberries: with a chart-topping antioxidant factor, rounded with vitamin C, fiber, vitamin E, and other brain-boosting nutrients, these little buggers have what it takes to ward off disease and help you stay all shiny and bright.
10. Avocados: they are packed with potassium, folate, carotenoids, vitamin E, and monounsaturated fats (which are known to boost happiness), plus are major contenders among the cholesterol-lowering foods.
FIND BEAUTY AND WELLNESS EXPERTS
Read client reviews, book sessions, and get expert advice. Only the best cosmetic doctors, skincare gurus, nutritionists, fitness and wellness professionals make it into our book.