Discover more from Charlotte's Book
Vampire Facial Gone Wrong: A Spa Exposed Its Clients To Infections
Vampire facials are a lot less scary than they sound. At least, when they’re done right. When they’re not, though, things can get pretty terrifying. The last thing you want when you go in for a cosmetic treatment is a medical scare. But that’s exactly what happened to clients of VIP Spa in New Mexico. The New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH) announced on Tuesday that a client of VIP Spa contracted an infectious disease after a PRP facial, more commonly known as a vampire facial. Though the NMDOH hasn’t revealed the specific infection the client contracted, health officials are asking anyone who received a treatment (namely one that involved injections) at the spa in May or June 2018 to get in touch. The clients are requested to get tested for HIV, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C. All testing and counseling related to the case are being offered free of charge. After officials inspected the spa, they concluded that its operation and treatment practices could have led to blood-borne infections. Of course, when done properly by a trained professional, you have nothing to worry about with a PRP facial. But this news out of New Mexico is a reminder of the importance of finding a reputable board-certified doctor when you opt for a cosmetic procedure.
Read This Next
Find Beauty And Wellness Experts
Check Charlotte's Book to read reviews, book appointments, and get advice from the best cosmetic doctors, skincare experts, nutritionists, and fitness and wellness professionals in the country.