The Best Root Vegetable Soup For Cold Winter Days
This is an easy recipe with spicy flair, perfect for winter months. Carrot, squash, and lemon grass make for a complex, nutrient-rich soup—you don’t have to wait ages for anything to cook, and it’s just two steps. Enjoy!
1. Heat a large, heavy-bottomed soup pot over a medium flame on stovetop. Add all ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Lower to simmer, cover, and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are just fork tender. I call this “tender-crisp”. The vegetables should be cooked, but not mushy.
- 3 carrots, peeled, diced
- 2 medium-sized ripe tomatoes, diced
- ¼ small celeriac, peeled and diced
- ¼ small kabocha squash (or similar winter squash), diced
- 1 finger length red chili, seeds removed, minced
- 1 birds eye chili, seeds removed, minced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 leeks, cut into half-moons about ½ inch wide
- 2 lemongrass stalks, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 to 6 tablespoons double concentrated tomato paste
- Several garlic cloves, lightly crushed (optional)
READ THIS NEXT
Inside The World Of Famed Health Chef Pooja Mottl